The Creative Dimension are pleased to offer the following unique and exciting work experience opportunities to young people aged 16 and over.
Architectural Work Experience:
This is a great chance to meet architects, discuss their career paths, find out about their specialities, and see what they do day-to-day.
The following programmes are for students aged 16 years and over who are interested in pursuing a career in architecture.
Successful applicants will spend a week with Grimshaw Architects in London, where they will work on a specific brief which will help them gain an understanding of the various stages of the design process. Available dates are week commencing 29th July, 5th August and 12th August 2019.
For additional information, please see Grimshaw Architects Work Experience.
Allies and Morrison is an architecture and urban planning practice based in London, Cambridge and Dublin. They have completed projects throughout the UK and overseas, and are currently working on projects in the Middle East and in North America.
The work of the practice ranges from architecture, interior design and conservation to planning, consultation and research.
Allford Hall Monaghan Morris makes buildings that are satisfying and enjoyable to use, beautiful to look at and easy to understand. They believe in making places as well as buildings, that work over time and have lasting qualities intrinsic to their architecture.
Conservation and Craft Work Experience in the Royal Household:
The following programme is for students aged 18 to 21 years who are interested in pursuing a career in conservation and craft.
An apprentice-style work experience, working alongside the conservation and craft team on a typical project in either the Upholstery, Soft Furnishing, Furniture or Gilding workshops. Learn about the processes involved in your chosen workshop and ways in which you can further explore a career in conservation and craft.
The work experience is two week’s long from 12th to the 23rd of August. The working day is 8am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday with an hour lunch break. Lunch will be provided. Our workshops are based in the Home Park at Windsor Castle.
Interviews will take place in May and June 2019
Requirements and How to Apply
- Applicants must be able to make their own way to and from the venue throughout their placement.
- Applicants must commit to completing the work experience in full. Applicants who drop out last minute or miss days are denying others a special opportunity, and therefore will be not be permitted to participate in further Creative Dimension Trust offerings.
Please email email@example.com with
- your CV (including birth date)
- a covering letter demonstrating your skills and explaining why a career in the host company’s sector could be right for you
- your preferred week (given expected demand we may ask you to be flexible).
- You will need to have your parent or guardian sign this consent form, allowing us to share your contact information with the host company. If you do not send this form with your CV and Covering Letter, your application will not be considered.
Applications are assessed by the Trust on an individual basis.
No feedback will be given on rejections.